Studies show that 90% of people who visit a dental implant professional know very little about the procedure. Yes, it is the dentist’s duty to guide and inform the patient about the process but sometimes, there are some information that are overlooked. Below are some of the things you need to know about the dental implant procedure:
- There are other dental options in restoring your missing tooth but only dental implants can provide you with the look, feel, and function of a real tooth. Not to mention, it is proven safe and effective. It is the best option you have.
- An artificial tooth used in a dental implant actually replaces the root of the lost tooth. Its main purpose is to serve as an anchor to the missing tooth.
- Since the artificial tooth is made of titanium, you may rest assured that it can’t get cavities. But of course, you still need to brush, floss, and visit your dentist for your regular professional cleaning and dental check-ups.
Thanks to technological advancements, the dental implant procedure has become almost painless. After the procedure, it is very important that you follow your dentist’s advices. However, knowing the things we have listed below will help you relax a little:
- Do not panic if you experience swelling and bruising after the procedure for it is normal. But if the pain you feel is intolerable, you might as well consult with the dentist who conducted the procedure.
- Sad to say, your gums may experience crampy tenderness. And it is not just for a few minutes or hours. In most cases, it remains for about 2 to 6 days after the dental implant surgery. Don’t worry because it is also normal. It happens because your gums and dental structure are not used to having that foreign artificial tooth.
- You should maintain proper oral hygiene. It is advisable that after the procedure, you rinse your mouth every 4 to 6 hours using salt water. You may do that for the next 2 weeks.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages after the procedure. Wait for your gums to heal.
Consult your dentist today and have more knowledge about dental implants. If you are searching for dentists who are conducting dental implants in Dubai, then search no more. Let our dental implant specialists help you in achieving that perfect smile once again. Visit https://www.drmayadental.com/ today and learn more about how we can be of service to you.