“Every person in Europe has the right to
and this also means that education has to be accessible for everyone.
In a global world, national education systems need to also open their doors to students with origin in a different country. Education system needs to be accessible for all.”
(OBESSU Guidelines on social inclusion in education)
The Organising Bureau of European School Student Unions (OBESSU)
OBESSU is a platform for cooperation between national school student unions active in general secondary and secondary vocational education in Europe. Founded in April 1975 in Dublin, it brings together independent, national, representative and democratic school student organisations from all over Europe. OBESSU’s objectives are:
- To represent the views of school students in Europe towards the different educational institutions and platforms;
- To uphold and improve the quality and accessibility of education and educational democracy in Europe;
- To provide assistance and support to national school student unions and co-operate for the development of school student structures;
- To promote greater solidarity, cooperation and understanding among school students and to put an end to discrimination and injustice where they exist within the educational systems in Europe;
- To promote innovative teaching methods.
For more information on OBESSU check the following link: www.obessu.org